Quinoa, Greens & Egg Muffins
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup water
- ½ medium red onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1/2 cup chopped broccoli
- 6 large eggs
- 1 ounce sharp cheddar cheese grated or chopped into small pieces
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- Cooking spray
1. Add the quinoa and water to a pot and bring to a boil. Once it reaches a boil, lower the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes. All of the water will be absorbed when the quinoa is done. Set aside to cool
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
3. Combine the onion, garlic, kale and broccoli in a large mixing bowl. Add the cooked quinoa to the bowl and stir.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together all of the eggs.
5.Add the egg mixture, cheese, salt, and pepper to the vegetable mixture. Stir to combine.
6.Use cooking spray to coat a muffin pan. Evenly pour the muffin mixture into the pan. Bake for 20 minutes.