INSTANT POT ARTICHOKES
Instant Pot Steamed Artichokes are so simple to make with less than 5 minutes of prep time! Let the Instant Pot do all the work to steam these perfectly.
NUTRITION BENEFITS OF EATING ARTICHOKES
Artichokes are packed with antioxidants like vitamins C and A, and are also a gut healthy food loaded with fiber, including 7gm in just one artichoke! They also contain a considerable amount of protein with 3.5 grams per artichoke. Artichokes are also known to be a top immune-boosting food!
We are very into in-season vegetables and this recipe includes using on of our favorite appliances! As a nutritionists, we love creating recipes from in-season vegetables that are found at the produce stand, farmers market, or grown in our own gardens. Artichokes are typically in season from March to May but are still being found in the produce stand, and in most places, you can only find them in stores for 6-8 weeks. Don’t let this nutrition powerhouse veggie slip by! Go grab yours this week before its too late.
Instant Pot Artichokes
- Instant Pot
- 4 Artichokes Medium or Large
- 1 Lemon
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 4 tbsp Butter or Ghee melted; ghee for Whole30
- Prep the artichokes by removing the outer leaves, and trimming about 1/2 inch off the top. Remove the stem so that the artichokes can sit up right.
- Juice the lemon, and brush each artichoke with a bit of lemon.
- Pour the water into the bottom of the Instant Pot and insert the steam trivet. Arrange the artichokes, stem side down, on the trivet so they sit upright.
- Secure the lid of the Instant Pot. Select manual and cook on high pressure for 12 minutes. Use a quick release.
- While artichokes are steaming, prepare the lemon garlic butter sauce. In a small bowl, stir the dijon mustard, remaining lemon juice, garlic, and salt into the melted butter.
- Serve by peeling the warm leaves off of each artichoke, and dipping the bottom (heart) into the lemon garlic butter.