MOROCCAN STYLE VEGGIE JAR SALAD
These healthy Rainbow Veggie Mason Jar Salads are the ultimate vegan meal prep recipe. Made with layers of chickpeas, rainbow veggies, a creamy dressing, greens, and so many more goodies! Simple and easy to make, vegetarian + gluten-free, and so delicious!
Meal prep and planning are essential for eating healthy and not turning to convenient items during the week.
Maybe you’ve got kids at home and you’re balancing your new job of teacher. Or maybe you are still keeping up with your full-time job, and even though you’re home, you don’t have tons of time to prep a healthy lunch.
That’s where this mason jar salad comes in. With this, you’ll have a healthy, delicious lunch ready to go.
For this salad, we’re keeping things light and fresh. Tons of raw veggies, chickpeas, spinach, and an amazingly creamy tahini dressing. It’s so easy to make and it honestly makes the most incredible meal!
HOW TO PACK YOUR JAR SALAD:
Now as you’re building your own salad in a jar, there is actually a method that you want to follow. The goal? To make sure you can keep your salad fresh all week long. And when you dump it out into your bowl, it’s layered perfectly.
So here’s how you want to pack your salad:
This ensures that the greens are away from the dressing – A.K.A no soggy greens – and the protein gets a bit marinated and more flavorful.
Moroccan Style Veggie Mason Jar Salad
- 2 Mason Jars
For The Dressing
- 1/4 cup Tahini
- 1 Lemon juiced
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 Tbsp Water or more
- 1 cup Chickpeas
- 1 cup Red Bell Pepper chopped
- 1 cup Carrots sliced
- 1 cup Cucumbers sliced
- 1/2 cup Spinach
- 1/4 cup Quinoa cooked
- 1/2 cup Red Cabbage thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Fresh Mint Leaves optional
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients until smooth and creamy. Add additional water to thin the consistency if needed.
- Evenly divide the dressing between two quart-sized mason jars.
- Evenly divide the chickpeas, pepper, carrots, cucumbers, cabbage, and spinach between the two mason jars, layering in that order. Screw on the lid and store in the fridge!
- When ready to serve, simply pour the entire contents of the jar into your bowl and enjoy!