This gluten and dairy-free stuffed mushrooms are the perfect appetizer or side for a gathering or the holidays! They’re plant-based, paleo, and easy to make.
Stuffed mushrooms are one of those appetizer classics! They’re usually cheesy, and have ingredients like breadcrumbs to make for a savory appetizer that’s a total crowd-pleaser. This version of stuffed mushrooms is grain-free and dairy-free but still just as delicious, if not more!
THE INGREDIENTS FOR GLUTEN-FREE & DAIRY-FREE MUSHROOMS
- WHITE BUTTON MUSHROOMS
- ALMOND FLOUR
- PARSLEY, THYME, GARLIC, SALT, AND PEPPER
- 12 White Mushrooms
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 2 tbsp Avocado Oil divided
- 3 tbsp Parsley chopped
- 2 tsp Fresh Thyme
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Almond Flour
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
- Wash and scrub the mushrooms to clean and remove the stems. Clean the inside of the caps and pat dry. Set them aside on the baking sheet.
- Finely dice the mushroom stems along with the garlic.
- Heat 1 tbsp avocado oil over medium heat in a pan and add the garlic and mushroom stem mixture. Lightly salt and saute for 4-5 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender and the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the mushroom mixture to a bowl and combine it with the herbs, and almond flour to make the filling
- Spoon the filling into the mushroom caps. You want the caps to be full, with some of the filling coming out of the top. Lightly drizzle with avocado oil.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 30 minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender and the filling is crisp. Serve warm.