Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
Fall has arrived and with it, the pumpkin season! There are always plenty of pumpkins to carve up around Halloween time and a great way to make use of the pumpkin seeds is to roast them for an easy, healthy snack.
Pumpkin seeds are also a good source of healthful oils, magnesium, and other nutrients that enhance the health of the heart, bones, and other functions.
- ¾ cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cavenders seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika, (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 300°F
- Wash pumpkin seeds in a colander to remove the pulp and fibers. Thoroughly dry with a towel.
- In a small bowl combine pumpkin seeds, olive oil, salt, cavenders, paprika (if using), and black pepper.
- Lightly grease a sheet pan with olive oil. Evenly spread the seasoned pumpkin seeds on the sheet pan.
- Bake until the seeds are roasted and crunchy, about 45 minutes. Stir every 15 minutes for even toasting, and check for doneness with each stir by tasting a seed for crunchiness.
- Transfer the roasted pumpkin seeds to a bowl to cool down.