SANTA ROSA BEACH TRIATHLON RETREAT
Presented By: Basic Fitness
Encouraging + Inspiring Healthy + Active Lives
Join Basic Fitness for a spring Triathlon training retreat in Santa Rosa Beach for 3 days of swimming, biking, running, yoga, circuit training, nutrition and learning simple tools to tap into your inner badass.
March 11th-March 14th, 2021
- 3 meals per day + Snacks
- Wellness Talks
- Group lead Yoga, Swims, and Circuit Training
- Mapped out Bike & Run Routes
- Bike and Run support
- Strategy chats about training and racing
- 4:0o pm: Check- IN
- 6:00 pm: Circuit Training Workout
- 7:30 pm: Dinner
- 8:30 pm: Wine by The Pool
- 10:00 pm: Bed
- 7:00 am: Breakfast
- 7:30 am: Long Ride (20,40,60,80 mile options + Bike Support)
- 11:30 am: Short Run (30 min- 1 hr)
- 12:30 pm: Lunch
- 2:00 pm: Open Water Swim (1500-3000 yds)
- 4:30 pm: Yoga/ Mindfulness
- 5:30 pm: Wellness Talk
- 7:00 pm: Dinner
- 9:00 pm: Bed
- 7:00 am: Breakfast
- 7:30 am: Short Ride (20-40 Mile Option + Bike Support)
- 10:00 am: Long Run (6-14 Miles)
- 12:30 pm: Lunch
- 1:30 pm: Open Water Swim (1500-3000 yds)
- 3:00 pm: Free Time
- 6:30pm: Yoga/ Mindfulness
- 7:15 pm: Dinner
- 8:00 pm: Closing Wine By The Pool
- 6:00 am: Sunrise Yoga
- 9:00 am: Check- Out
Providing knowledge and skills that are needed to be the best athlete that you can be. We will focus in on giving you knowledge on proper nutrition and the critical role it plays on keeping us active and healthy. The goal is to help guide you through smart choices in making healthy decisions daily, and identifying proper nutrition sources during heavy training periods.
- Identifying Nutrition Problems
- Not Eating Breakfast
- Not Eating often Enough
- Too Much Processed food
- Over-reliance on Sports Drinks
- Not Enough Vegetables
- Not Enough Supportive Meals
- Energy Drinks
- What Athletes Should Eat
- Complex (starchy Carbs)
- Fibrous Vegetables
- Food for Recovery & Strength
Yoga helps create awareness of the body through movement and deep breathing. It gives us a way to express ourselves and build connections between what what we hear and what we do. People that have healthy body awareness are more confident and strong, have better posture, and breathe better.
Yoga teaches us methods of self-help such as proper breathing, meditation, and healthy movement. There are no winners or score keepers, just an opportunity to develop body awareness and self- confidence in a fun and open environment.
Benefits of Yoga include:
- Healthy activity for spine, joints, and muscles
- Manage stress through breathing, awareness, and meditation movement
- Healthy development of posture and balance
- Increase confidence and self-image
- Learn how to listen to our bodies
Participants will learn how to improve hand-eye coordination, balance, movement, cardiovascular- respiratory endurance, flexibility & agility. As a result of overall body conditioning and increasing their physical fitness levels.
Athletes will benefit from the following with our circuit training and keeping up with these skills learned outside of the retreat:
- Increase in personal self-esteem
- Increased overall body-tone
- Increased concentration & energy levels
- Overcoming childhood obesity
- Decreased stress & anxiety
- Develop better sleep patters
- More interest in learning about and improving healthy habits
- Drinking more water
For all levels of entry; join our 3 day retreat in the idyllic setting of 30a and remove yourself from all complications to concentrate 100% on triathlons and friends.
Am I suitable for the Triathlon Retreat?
- A complete novice will gain confidence and take part in a triathlon without feeling intimidated and out of their comfort zone
- An intermediate competitor will enjoy the chance to pick up tips, practice new drills, learn new skills, and utilize the weekend to train hard and improve fitness
- A seasoned triathlete will enjoy the opportunity to train and focus for 2 days and pick up some extra tips
March 18th- March 21st, 2021- SANTA BEACH, FLORIDA
$750 per athlete (payment due Feb.1)
Register Now to Reserve your Spot (invoices will be sent once we receive 10 reservations). Reservations will be $5 to hold your spot.
Coach Jennifer is a creative thinker, writer, educator, runner, triathlete, outdoor enthusiast, lover of life, teller of stories and mom to two awesome young dudes. She grew up playing sports, dancing and cheering. She has continued her love of sports by coaching her kids’ soccer team and working with their teammates on pre-season endurance training. In addition, Coach Jennifer is a 4x Ironman, has competed in numerous marathons and half marathons, and co-owns an endurance event production company whose races include LSU’s Tiger 10K + The Louisiana Marathon. She is a former adjunct professor of communications at LSU and currently teaches beginner yoga classes in her neighborhood.
Coach Nely is a Louisiana based health and fitness enthusiast with a passion for eating clean food, running, fitness, and everything in between. A community involved athlete, caffeine lover, high-spirited, energetic and fun-loving. She grew up as a swimmer, soccer player, competitive cheerleader and cross country runner. She has continued her love of sports by coaching Cross Country and assisting the teams to State Championships and Runner Up wins. She also personal trains adult athletes to their endurance athletic potential and teaches circuit training strength workouts. Coach Nely is a 3x Ironman, has competed in numerous marathon and half marathon. Nely is certified in integrative nutrition planning.