AVOCADO + EGG TOAST
Quick and easy Avocado Toast with Egg 4 ways – fried, scrambled, boiled and poached. It’s a simple healthy protein-packed breakfast, snack or light meal! Simple to make, tasty and satisfying. If you haven’t had an egg and avocado toast breakfast yet, now is the time!
- Avocado: Avocados are filled with healthy fats, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants and are a great addition to a well balanced diet.
- Bread: You can use any bread you like for these recipes. I like to use whole grain to get some more goodness in. Use Gluten Free if you have an intolerance.
- Seasonings: Salt and pepper added to taste.
- Additions: Depending how you choose to cook your eggs, you may need a little butter to add flavor or some vinegar to poach your eggs.
HOW TO MAKE AVOCADO TOAST WITH EGG:
The first step is to toast the bread and mash the avocados. You can mash it in a bowl with salt and pepper, but I prefer to limit clean-up and just mash it right on the toasted bread. Make sure you have bread sturdy enough to handle the mashing.
From here we have provided 4 ways to cook the eggs so that you can have your style of preference on top of your toast. See below for recipe.
Avocado + Egg Toast
- 1/4 Avocado seeded & peeled
- 1 slice Bread bread of choice; we use Gluten Free bread but Whole Grain or bread of choice works here
- Sea Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp White Vinegar
- 1 Egg large
- 1/2 tbsp Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Eggs
- Toast the bread in a toaster until golden and crispy, place the quarter avocado over the toast, slice it and mash it on top of the toast. Top with eggs of choice, and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
For Fried Egg:
- Heat butter in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Break the egg onto the skillet and immediately reduce the heat to low. Cook uncovered until whites are completely set and yolks are thickened to your liking, about 5-7 minutes.
For Poached Egg:
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Crack one egg into a small bowl. Stir vinegar into the water and create a vortex with the boiling water. Lower the heat so the water creates a rolling boil at the bottom of the pot. Then, carefully add the egg to the middle of the pot and cook for 3-4 minutes, according to desired doneness. Remove the egg with a slotted spoon.
- For Scrambled Eggs:
- Heat butter in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Whisk the eggs in small bowl, then carefully pour into the center of the pan. When the edges start to set, start to gently fold the eggs until the eggs are cooked through, about 2-3 minutes.
For Boiled Eggs:
- Place the eggs in a saucepan. Pour cool water over the eggs until fully submerged. Bring the water to a rolling boil, then reduce the heat to low and cook according to the desired doneness: 4 minutes for SOFT boiled; 6 minutes for MEDIUM boiled; 12 minutes for HARD boiled. Prepare a bowl of ice water. Transfer the cooked eggs to the ice water to cool completely before peeling.