COCONUT & CARAMEL DATE BALLS
These salted caramel coconut date balls are made with only 4 ingredients and are so easy to make. Grab a couple with a cup of tea for a great snack! They are also great as an energizer snack for an afternoon pick-me-up or pre or post workout snack.
This recipe is especially easy to make since the recipe only uses 4 ingredients.
The secret to the salted caramel flavour in these bliss balls is to use Medjool dates. If you’re not familiar with Medjool dates, they are bigger, softer and have a more caramelly flavor than regular dates do. They’re pretty much the definition of “nature’s candy.”
You can of course use regular dates in this recipe if you don’t have Medjool dates on hand, but if you can find them, we HIGHLY recommend them!
The other great thing about using dates in this recipe is that there is no added-sugar to these bliss balls! They are 100% natural ingredients but taste super decedent.
We like to roll them in some unsweetened shredded coconut, but you can roll these in anything you like! Hemp seeds, chia seeds, and cocoa powder are all good options.
Coconut & Caramel Date Balls
- 1 Food Processor
- 1 cup Medjool Dates pitted
- 1 cup Almonds or Cashews blanched
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut + extra for rolling
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract optional
- Add the Medjool dates, almonds, shredded coconut and salt to a food processor and pulse until it forms into a sticky dough.
- Using your hands, roll into bite-sized balls, and then roll into a plate of shredded coconut to top if desired.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container