EGGPLANT, AVOCADO & COUSCOUS SALAD
Eggplant, Avocado & Couscous Salad
This Roasted Eggplant Couscous Salad is veggie-packed and tossed in a tangy red wine vinegar dressing. Top it off with fresh herbs & avocado. Layered with so many textures and flavors, and makes a fabulous quick grab out the fridge leftover lunch.
For the Eggplant
- 1 eggplant cut in 1" cubes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh thyme chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt & pepper
For the Chickpeas
- 15 oz can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
For the Couscous
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/3 cup couscous
- 2 cups water
- pinch salt
For the Salad
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp oil from sun-dried tomato jar
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic diced
- 1 shallot finely diced
- 2 tbsp sun-dried tomatoes roughly chopped
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 tbsp fresh herbs
- 1 avocado sliced
- black pepper for serving, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Add the eggplant ingredients to a bowl and toss to combine. Spread out on a baking sheet and place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Combine the chickpea ingredients in a bowl and toss to combine. Spread out on a baking sheet and set aside. After the eggplant has roasted for 20 minutes, use a metal spatula to carefully flip the eggplant and place the eggplant and the chickpeas back in the oven for 10 minutes. Keep an eye on the eggplant - if it starts getting too dark, remove before the chickpeas.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a pan and add dry couscous. Toss the couscous until it is toasted - approx. 3 minutes. Add the water & salt and bring to a boil. Lower heat and cover until all of the liquid is absorbed
- Add the olive oil, sun-dried tomato oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, shallot, sun-dried tomatoes and oregano to a large bowl. Whisk to combine.
- To the same bowl add the couscous, chickpeas & eggplant. Toss to combine and set aside for 20 minutes.
- To serve add the cherry tomatoes, fresh herbs and avocado. Toss to combine and top with pepper.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!