FRESH FRUIT & SPINACH SALAD
Mangos and blueberries on a salad is so fresh it might just be your new favorite summer salad. This salad can be done with any combination of fresh fruits found at your local farmers market or produce stand in the summer months.
Why this summer salad works:
- Blueberries and mangos are in season right now and you can find them everywhere. They are sweet, juicy, and colorful.
- The bright sweet flavors of the mango and blueberry combine fantastically with tart goat cheese and a honey vinaigrette.
- It can be served as a main dish salad for a light lunch or brunch.
- It also goes great as a side salad with burgers or grilled chicken.
On a hot summer day when you are looking for something simple, impressive, healthy and delicious, this salad fits the bill. As nutritionists, we at Basic are always trying to find sneaky ways to get in more greens and antioxidants. What better than some fresh fruit? The addition of Basic Bail Vinaigrette ties it all together perfectly and also loads up this salad with even more nutrients.
This simple salad comes together so easily! We encourage you to get your fresh veggies and fruits from your local farmers market or produce stand and #SupportLocal.
Here is what you need:
- Spinach (or mixed greens of choice)
- Fresh Fruit (of choice; mango and blueberries work delicious)
- Red onion
- Fresh basil
- Apple cider vinegar
- Olive oil or avocado oil
- Sea salt and pepper
Fresh Fruit & Spinach Salad
Ingredients for Salad
- 6 cup Spinach or your choice of greens
- 2 cups Fresh Fruit rinsed; we used 1 cup blueberries and 1 cup skinned and chopped mangos
- 1/2 Large Red Onion
- 1/2 Cucumber chopped
- 1 cup Pecans chopped
Basic Basil Vinaigrette
- 1 cup Basil Leaves loose
- 1 clove Garlic crushed
- 3 tbsp Honey *can use 3 tbsp coconut sugar for vegan option
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/3 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil extra virgin
- Layer your salad beginning with the spinach (or greens).
- Place red onion and cucumber on top of the spinach.
- Top with fruit and pecans.
- Prepare dressing by placing all dressing ingredients into a blender or food processor, and pulse until smooth.
- Toss salad dressing with salad.