GLUTEN - FREE
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Gluten-free chocolate chip cookies that you’ll instantly fall in love with! They have a soft, chewy inside, perfectly golden edges, and just the right amount of chocolatey goodness with every bite.
We’ve kept this recipe as simple as possible, because who wants a complicated cookie recipe when the sweet cravings hit? This means easy ingredients with easy steps to create the perfect batch of chocolate chip cookies. You’re welcome.
And remember- just because you are craving something sweet, want to make cookies with the kids, or are celebrating- there is no reason to completely sacrifice making healthy choices. Here we used ghee, almond flour, and coconut sugar making it a healthy alternative to regular chocolate chip cookies, without sacrificing the flavor.
TIPS FOR THE BEST GLUTEN-FREE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES:
Because it took a few tries to get this recipe just right, I’ve got plenty of tips for you to make sure this is a no-fail recipe. Here’s what I learned.
- Keep your eyes on the cookies. If you bake them one or two minutes over, it will make the cookies a bit crunchier and not as soft on the inside.
- Keep them all the same size. Use my favorite cookie scoop to ensure your cookies are uniform in shape. They’ll also cook more evenly!
- Make sure to flatten the cookies. Unlike other cookie recipes, these ones won’t flatten as they bake.
- They’re super delish slightly warm. While you want to let the cookies cool to the touch, enjoying them slightly warm is heavenly. Especially when dunked in a cold glass of almond milk.
HOW TO STORE HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES:
- To store: Pack your leftovers in a bag or container, and they’ll keep for up to one week. You can store them either in the fridge or at room temperature.
- To freeze: If you want to save a few sneaky pieces more than one week, you can freeze them! Just make sure to place parchment paper in between each cookie and store in a freezer-safe bag or container. They will be good for up to 3 months.
- To defrost: Just let the cookies come to room temperature before eating.
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cups melted (and cooled) butter, ghee, or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg large
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 400 F, and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, whisk together the melted butter (or ghee or coconut oil), coconut sugar, egg, and vanilla extract, until smooth.
- Add the almond flour, salt, and baking soda to the bowl, then stir to combine. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using a medium cookie scoop (1 ½ tablespoons) dollop 18 cookies on the baking sheet. Use your fingers to flatten the dough into cookie shape, as the cookies will not flatten much on their own while baking.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cookies are slightly golden on the edges.
- If you’d like extra large cookies, you could make 12 cookies (about 2 tablespoons each) on a single baking sheet. If you do that, increase the cook time by 1-2 minutes. Just be forewarned that they may slightly touch each other when baking.