GREEN BEAN SALAD
This simple summer salad pairs beautifully with practically any grilled meat or fish, and it’s quite easy to make.
It’s summertime here in Louisiana and I have been living on salads these days. My new Fresh Green Bean Salad is absolutely delicious and perfect to pair with a chicken breast on a hot summer day. Additionally, it is the perfect side dish to take to a BBQ. It is light, fresh, and super filling.
This recipe is low-carb, keto, and by omitting the cheese- it is also Whole30 approved.
Green Bean Salad
- 2 lbs Fresh Green Beans trimmed
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil divided
- 1 Lemon juiced
- 2 slices Cooked Bacon crumbled
- 3 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 Large Red Onion sliced
- 2 cups Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Crumbled Feta Cheese omit for Paleo
- 4 Fresh Basil Leaves chopped
- Add a skillet over medium heat along with 1 tbsp olive oil and the minced garlic. Cook 1 minute until the garlic is fragrant. Add the green beans and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked green beans and garlic to a large mixing bowl. To the green beans, add 1 tbsp olive oil, lemon juice, cooked bacon, red onion slices, chopped basil, tomatoes, salt/pepper, and feta. Mix together until combined.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge for up to 4 days.