GREENS POST-WORKOUT SMOOTHIE
This post-workout green smoothie is our “go-to” green smoothie recipe. It’s filled with nutrient-dense ingredients, collagen powder, and chia seeds.
We can’t believe that we haven’t shared this until now – it’s our “go-to” green smoothie recipe! We seriously make it all the time. Now granted, over at Basic Eats we typically make green smoothies most often after working out, so it only makes sense that our “go-to” green smoothie is also my “post-workout” green smoothie. Either way, you’re gonna love it!
So why is this such a great post workout green smoothie? Let’s take a look…
WHY THIS SMOOTHIE IS GREAT:
- It’s packed with spinach, which is full of vitamins, minerals and nutrients. Spinach is also a good source of protein, antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds (perfect for muscle recovery).
- It has collagen, a protein found in the connective tissues of the body (and which diminishes as we get older!). Collagen is important for the supportive structure of the body, such as muscles, bones and ligaments – and prevents them from falling apart!
- It has whey protein powder (though you can use a non-dairy version). This delivers the necessary protein and amino acids for increased muscle growth.
- It has chia seeds, which are high in calcium, phosphorus, magnesium and protein – perfect for improved bone health. Additionally, chia seeds combat dehydration and studies have shown them to be on par with sports drinks for endurance events.
- It has avocado, banana and apple – nutrient-dense fruits and vegetables that provide the perfect amount of sweetness, healthy fats, energy and vitamins.
Post Workout Green Smoothie
This post workout green smoothie is my “go to” green smoothie recipe. It’s filled with nutrient-dense ingredients, collagen powder and chia seeds
- High Powered Blender
- 2 cups Water
- 2 cups Baby Spinach
- 1 Banana sliced and frozen
- 1 Green Apple
- 1/4 Avocado
- 2 tbsp Collagen Powder
- 2 tbsp Protein Powder
- 2 tbsp Chia Seeds
- Place all ingredients into a high powered blender. Blend for 30 seconds or until smooth.
Calories: 281kcalCarbohydrates: 37gProtein: 19gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0.01gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 95mgPotassium: 704mgFiber: 10gSugar: 18gVitamin A: 2943IUVitamin C: 20mgCalcium: 196mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!