GROUND BEEF AND BROCCOLI
This ground beef and broccoli is a simple and cost-effective one-pan meal. It’s paleo, whole30, and delicious!
Beef and broccoli is a flavorful restaurant classic! It’s one of Basic’s favorite dishes to make at home, but buying sirloin or flank steak can get expensive. We love cooking with ground beef for simple and cost-effective cooking, so we decided to make a beef and broccoli copycat made with ground beef! Not only is it cheaper than buying steak, but it’s easier to cook, and comes together much more quickly than traditional beef and broccoli.
CAN YOU USE FROZEN BROCCOLI TO MAKE THIS BEEF AND BROCCOLI?
You can, but you just want to be defrosted before you use it and to be careful of the excess water. It won’t be as crispy as fresh broccoli, but it’ll work!
WHAT CAN YOU SERVE WITH GROUND BEEF AND BROCCOLI?
This recipe is great with cauliflower rice, or regular rice if you can tolerate it! It’s also great with a side of vegetables, or something like roasted bok choy.
CAN YOU MEAL PREP THIS RECIPE AHEAD OF TIME? HOW SHOULD YOU STORE IT?
Yes! You can make it ahead of time and easily store it in the fridge in glass Tupperware.
Beef & Broccoli
- 1 lb Ground Beef grass-fed preferably
- 1/2 cup Coconut Aminos
- 1/3 cup Beef Broth
- 2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Coconut Sugar omit for Whole30
- 1 1/2 tsp Arrowroot Starch
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Ginger Powder
- 2 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 2 cups Broccoli Florets
- 3/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp Green Onions chopped
- Whisk the coconut aminos, broth, apple cider vinegar, arrowroot, garlic powder, and ginger powder together and set aside.
- Using a large pan, heat the avocado oil over medium heat. Add the broccoli and lightly season with salt and pepper. Saute for 5-6 minutes or until crisped to your liking. Set aside.
- Add the ground beef to the pan and season with salt and pepper. Use a wooden spoon to crumble the beef and brown. Once browned, drain some of the excess fat.
- Add the broccoli back to the pan and pour the coconut aminos mixture in. Stir for 1-2 minutes to allow the sauce to reduce.
- Remove from heat and serve topped with green onion.