THE BEST HEALTHY PIZZA CRUST
This Pizza Crust will guarantee that you eat healthier, while not sacrificing on flavor! This pizza crust is super flavorful and versatile, plus you can make extra and freeze for later too.
Why this pizza crust? We do our best to make lots of normalized food options healthy so that our followers have the best options when trying to live a #HealthyIsHappy lifestyle. As co-owners of Basic, Jennifer and I (Nely) both have lots of allergies and finding meals to fit our needs can be difficult to find. We want to make that easier for anyone with food allergies.
This pizza crust is:
- Gluten Free
- Low FODMAP
It also uses normal ingredients, with the exception of GF/Paleo flour, unlike many recipes which have special ingredients that I don’t normally have on hand. It’s a no knead, no rise, no fuss pizza crust that tastes amazing!
The Best Healthy Pizza Crust
- Pizza Stone OR Heavy Baking Sheet
- 3/4 cup Warm Water
- 1 tbsp Organic Cane Sugar
- 2 1/4 tsp Instant Yeast
- 1 Flax Egg (1 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp water)
- 2 Cups Gluten Free Flour Blend make sure Paleo for Paleo option
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- Your favorite pizza toppings
- Set pizza stone (or heavy baking sheet) on the lowest rack in your oven and preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, make the flax egg by combining the ground flax seed with water. Stir and set aside for 5 minutes to thicken.
- In a glass liquid measuring cup, add the warm water, sugar, and yeast. Stir and let it sit for 5 minutes, or until it looks foamy.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, mix the flour, salt, and Italian seasoning (if using). Then add the flax egg, olive oil, vinegar, and yeast mixture. Using your dough hook, mix on low speed for 1 minute. With a spatula, scrape down the sides every so often so all the flour gets incorporated.
- Using an oiled spatula, transfer the pizza dough onto a large piece of parchment paper. Using the oiled spatula (or you can oil your hands) spread the dough out thin into a 12 inch round. You don’t want a thick crust here. Carefully lift up the parchment paper with the pizza crust on it and place it on your preheated pizza stone. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add your toppings. Bake for another 10 minutes. Slice and enjoy!