HONEY GLAZED CARROTS
These honey-glazed carrots are an easy sheet pan recipe that turns into a flavorful, sweet, and savory side dish. They transform the everyday carrot into a show-stopping sweet and savory side dish (that’s also highly addictive).
IT’S ALL ABOUT THE HONEY GLAZE
While roasting carrots bring out a subtle sweetness, this easy honey glaze takes it to the next level.
- Honey: You can use clover, wildflower, or any variety of honey you like.
- Garlic: A little bit of minced garlic perfectly balances the sweetness.
- Butter: Helps to give carrots that glossy finish and rich flavor. Ghee works great too.
- Olive oil: Just a little bit helps to prevent the butter from burning.
- Ground spices: I love ginger and cinnamon which play nicely with the carrots’ sweetness.
- Fresh herbs: For a fresh pop of color and flavor just before serving.
Honey Glazed Carrots
- 2 lb Carrots peeled
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 tbsp Melted Ghee or butter
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- Parsley, Thyme, or other herbs for garnish optional
- Preheat your oven to 425F/220C. Then, cut the carrots on a diagonal, about 1"-1.5" in length. If your carrots are large and thick, you can slice them in half as well.
- In a mixing bowl, toss the sliced carrots with the honey, garlic, butter, oil, and spices.
- Pour the carrots and glaze onto a sheet pan and spread them out.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, tossing halfway through. You can also broil for 2-3 minutes, to get caramelization on the edges.
- Transfer carrots to a serving dish and garnish with chopped herbs.
- To Store: Place leftovers in an airtight container and store for up to 3 days in the fridge.
- To Freeze: Use a freezer-safe bag or container and store for up to 3 months.
- For Reheating: Simply reheat in the microwave until the carrots are warmed through.