KALE & WHITE BEAN SALAD
This Kale And White Bean Salad recipe is easy to make and comes together in 10 minutes for a healthy vegan-friendly salad you’ll love.
HOW TO PREPARE KALE FOR SALAD:
Kale is a delicious ingredient to use in hearty salads like this Kale And White Bean Salad. But Kale is also known to be a tough and bitter green.
Luckily, there are a few key secrets to preparing kale to make it taste delicious in salads!
- Wash well. Kale can have a lot of dirt on it stuck between those curly leaves, so make sure to wash the kale well before preparing it for salads.
- Remove the stems and ribs from each leave. The kale stems and ribs can be very tough and stalky, so cut them from the kale leaves for a more tender salad.
- Massage the kale. This is the #1 secret to making the kale tender and less bitter. Add a pinch of salt to the kale and gently massage it with your hands.
- Kale: there are a few different varieties of kale out there and all of them will work well in this recipe.
- White beans: Any type of white beans work well too. White kidney beans, cannellini beans or even lima beans all would taste great.
- Avocado: make sure to use a ripe avocado for this recipe.
- Seeds: this salad uses a combination of pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and hemp seeds. Using toasted seeds will give the salad even more flavor.
HOW TO STORE LEFTOVERS:
Store any leftovers of this salad in the fridge for up to 2 days. If you want to store the salad for a longer time, store the dressing and salad separately and dress right before serving.
Kale & White Bean Salad
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 6 cups Kale washed & chopped
- 1 cup White Beans cooked
- 1/2 Avocado sliced into cubes
- 3 tbsp Toasted Pumpkin Seeds
- 3 tbsp Toasted Sunflower Seeds
- 2 tbsp Hemp Seeds
- salt & pepper to taste
- Add the dressing ingredients to the bottom of a large mixing bowl and whisk together to combine.
- In a separate bowl, massage the kale with a pinch of salt. (use your hands to gently massage the kale. This will tenderize it.)
- Add the kale, white beans, avocado, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and hemp seeds to the mixing bowl.
- Toss the salad together and season with additional salt and pepper if needed.