KID FRIENDLY HEALTHY CEREAL BARS
These healthy cereal granola bars are no bake, Paleo friendly and nut free. They’re made with grain free cereal and sunflower seed butter, lightly sweetened with honey and filled with shredded coconut and pumpkin seeds. This is a great Paleo snack recipe – kid friendly and easy to make!
We’ ve had a few people ask for a healthy Paleo granola bar recipe but have been hesitant to make one…only because granola bars are often filled with lots of sugar.
However, having found Lovebird’s grain free cereal, we thought this was the perfect opportunity to create a low sugar granola bar. This one is nut free too!
While Lovebird’s cereal keeps this recipe Paleo, any cheerio-shaped cereal will work as a replacement.
INGREDIENTS IN CEREAL BARS:
- Paleo Cereal: I used Lovebird unsweetened cereal. Buy Here>>>
- Shredded Coconut
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Cacao Butter: helps hold the cereal bars together. May be substituted with coconut oil or coconut butter, but cacao butter works the best.
- Sunflower Seed Butter: needed to hold the bars together. May be substituted with any nut or seed butter.
- Honey: used to sweetened these cereal bars
- Vanilla Extract: optional but added for flavor
- Paleo friendly: grain free & dairy free
- Refined sugar free: lightly sweetened with honey
- Nut free: made with sunbutter, coconut and pumpkin seeds
- No bake
Kid Friendly Healthy Cereal Granola Bars
These healthy cereal granola bars are Paleo friendly, nut free and no bake. Easy snack for kids to learn to make, for those kids who are wanting to cook this summer, and they're great for snacking. Prep ahead and keep on hand for a quick snack for kids while home during summer.
- 3 cups Paleo Cereal*
- 1/2 cup Shredded Coconut
- 2 tbsp Cacao Butter
- 1/3 cup Sunflower Seed Butter
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1/2 tbsp Vanilla
- Line an 8" x 8" pan with foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cereal, coconut and pumpkin seeds
- In a small saucepan, melt cacao butter (or melt in a small bowl in the microwave). Once fully melted, stir in sunflower seed butter, honey and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet mixture over the cereal and mix with a spatula until the cereal is well coated.
- Pour the cereal into the lined baking dish. Using a piece of parchment paper, firmly press down the cereal with your hands.
- Place the bars in the fridge or freezer to set. (About 30 minutes.)
- Remove bars from the pan and cut into 12 even pieces.
- Bars stay solid at room temperature, but are best stored in the fridge.
*While Lovebird's cereal keeps this recipe Paleo, any cheerio-shaped cereal will work as a replacement.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!