MANGO & STRAWBERRY SALAD
This Strawberry Mango Salad with lime poppy seed dressing will be your new favorite. Add grilled chicken (or another protein source) delicious and filling salad.
If you don’t love salads, you’re not doing it right! Have you even tried fruit on a salad?!
A satisfying salad should be loaded up with all the things. When it comes to salad ingredients, you can easily omit and add them based on your tastebuds. Below I’ve included a list of ingredients to give this salad lots of texture and flavor.
This salad goes really well with a lime poppy seed dressing.
Traditionally, poppy seed dressings are made with a ton of white sugar. But we’re swapping that out of honey and using other simple ingredients.
- fresh squeezed lime juice
- light olive oil
- dijon mustard
- onion powder
- poppy seeds
Mango & Strawberry Salad
For The Salad
- 12 oz Chicken Breast
- 4 cups Greens spinach, arugula, or spring mix
- 1 medium Mango
- 1 cup Strawberries sliced
- 1/2 small Red Onion thinly sliced
- 2 oz Goat Cheese crumbled
- 1 small Ripe Avocado pitted and chopped
- 1/4 cup Almonds sliced
Lime Poppy Seed Dressing
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil 3
- 3 tbsp Lime Juice about 1 lime
- 3 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp non-dairy milk
- 1/2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt or to taste
- 1 tbsp poppy seed
- Prepare the chicken: Heat cast iron skillet or grill pan over medium heat. Once pan is hot, add about 1/2 tablespoon of oil. Trim any extra fat off chicken breast and pound as needed to create even thickness. Season chicken with salt & pepper; cook on one side for 3-4 minutes before flipping to other side and cooking through. Cook until middle is no longer pink or internal temperature is 165ºF. Place on cutting board and slice chicken. (Or use outdoor grill.)
- Prepare the salad: In large bowl add greens, diced mango, sliced strawberries and sliced onions. Toss with tongs to mix salad together well.
- Portion out salad for desired servings; adding grilled chicken and top with avocado, goat cheese, sliced almonds. Drizzle with lime poppy seed dressing and enjoy!