MEDITERRANEAN QUINOA SALAD
This Mediterranean Quinoa Salad will be your new favorite salad recipe! It’s fresh and light and perfect to enjoy as a meal or side!
This Mediterranean Quinoa Salad is it’s so simple to put together and is definitely a crowd-pleaser. This quinoa is my new go-to for potlucks, BBQs, brunches and dinner parties. It even holds up great in the fridge after being dressed!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Quinoa: we can’t make quinoa salad without quinoa! I like to use white quinoa in this recipe which is light and fluffy. Red and black quinoa tend to have a bit more of a firm texture.
- Red bell pepper: you can substitute with any colour bell pepper you love.
- Cucumber: English cucumber is best for this recipe. It has less water content than some other varieties of cucumber and tends to be on the sweeter side.
- Chickpeas: canned or dried chickpeas will both work. If using dried chickpeas, cook them according to package directions before adding them to the salad.
- Red onion: red onion gives the salad a beautiful colour and a nice slightly spicy and sharp taste. If you’re not a big fan of onions in your salad you can leave this out or use shallots, which will have a milder taste.
- Kalamata olives: make sure to use pitted olives! You don’t want to end up biting into a pit when eating the quinoa salad.
- Sundried tomatoes: you’ll find two varieties of sundried tomatoes at the grocery store. The first is sundried tomatoes in oil and the second is dried sundried tomatoes in a package. I recommend using the sundried tomatoes in oil. They are tastier and have a better texture.
- Basil: fresh basil! Don’t substitute dried.
- Feta: I recommend using double creamed feta. You can find this at most cheese stores. If you can only get regular feta that will work fine too.
- Lemon oregano dressing: this homemade dressing is made with olive oil, fresh lemon juice and dried oregano and lightly coats the quinoa salad.
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
- 2 cups Quinoa cooked
- 1 Red Bell Pepper chopped
- 1/2 Cucumber chopped
- 1 cup Chickpeas
- 1/2 Red Onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Kalamata Olives cut in half
- 1/4 cup Sun-dried Tomatoes finely chopped
- 1/3 cup Fresh Basil finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Crumbled Feta Cheese use vegan if needed
Lemon Oregano Dressing
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp White Wine Vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1 cup Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cumin
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- To prepare the salad mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl. If there is any ingredient you like more of feel free to add more!
- Mix all the salad dressing ingredients together in a small jar. Cover with the lid and shake until incorporated.
- Pour half the salad dressing onto the quinoa salad and give it a taste. If you like more dressing, add more. Otherwise reserve leftover dressing for other salads.