MOOD BOOSTER SMOOTHIE
This smoothie is a great way to start your day, takes minimal work in the kitchen, provides energy to kick-start your day and is antioxidant-packed for numerous health benefits! Bananas are a great source of energy and are rich in many nutrients, like pottassium, which actually boost your mood and ward off depression! Blackberries are rich in antioxidants and vitamins and can boost your immune system and keep you looking and feeling young and youthful.
Before we dive into the recipe, we wanted to provide you with some health tips regarding some of the ingredients:
Banana – Combat depression, improves mood, reduces PMS symptoms, lower the risk of heart attack and stroke, stregthens blood and relieves anemia, promotes healthy bowel movement, provides instant energy, counteracts against calcium loss, prevents muscle cramps in workouts.
Blackberries – Low in calories, rich in fiber, prevents constipation, protects cardiovascular system, anti-aging, anti-cancer, anti-inflammatory, rich in antioxidants, improves motor and cognitive skills, kills oral bacteria, clears acne, strengthens bones, boosts white and red blood cells in the circulatory system, fights free radicals
Raspberries – They provide potassium, essential to heart function, and proven to lower blood pressure. The omega-3 fatty acids in raspberries can help prevent stroke and heart disease. They also contain a mineral called manganese, which is necessary for healthy bones and skin and helps regulate blood sugar.
Blueberries – Blueberries contain vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that provide notable health benefits. For example, blueberries are rich in vitamin K, which plays an important role in promoting heart health. The vitamin is also important to bone health and blood clotting.
Chia Seeds – Antioxidants found in chia seeds can help to fight free radicals in your body. Free radicals cause oxidative stress and cell damage. Eating foods rich in antioxidants may help to reduce your risk of developing many health issues associated with free radicals, including heart disease, cognitive decline, and certain types of cancer.
Coconut – Coconut is generally regarded as a source of healthy fat. The meat contains protein and fiber, as well as some essential minerals such as iron and magnesium.
Mood Booster Smoothie
- 1.5 cups Almond Milk or Oat Milk
- 1 Banana Ripe
- 1/3 cup Blackberries frozen
- 1/3 cup Raspberries frozen
- 1/3 cup Blueberries frozen
- 1 tbsp Honey adjust according to taste
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 tbsp Shredded Coconut to taste
- Assemble your ingredients. Choose a ripe or overripe banana. Roughly chop banana for easier blending. Wash out your berries gently.
- Place all your ingredients into a clean blender, pouring the milk in, followed by the roughly chopped banana, blackberries and finally drizzle honey on the top.
- Blend away! Blend on medium for about 20 seconds. Check for any lumps. Blend for another 5 seconds on high speed to have a smooth lump-free smoothie full of bubbles.
- Your delicious, antioxidant packed smoothie is ready! Pour into a glass and top with coconut & fresh blueberries. Enjoy.