NORA'S ALMOND BUTTER STUFFED DATES
These Almond Butter Stuffed Dates only have 4 ingredients and a take less than 10 minutes to make! The chocolate and dates make such a healthily sweet and delicious snack!
These Almond Butter Stuffed Dates are one of my favourite go-to snacks when I need a to satisfy that afternoon hunger FAST. They’re completely refined sugar-free and have a combination of healthy carbs, fats, and protein to keep you feeling full!
HOW TO MAKE NORA'S ALMOND BUTTER STUFFED DATES:
- se a knife to make a cut lengthwise in your date and remove the pit
- Add a spoonful of almond butter to the center of the date
- Melt the dark chocolate
- Top with chocolate chunks and a pinch of sea salt
- Freeze for 15 min then serve. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
We are a huge fan of Medjool dates, and they are what I use to make this recipe.
First to clarify, there are many different kinds of dates, but most “regular” (aka the most common) dates you’ll see in the grocery store are likely Deglet Noor Dates.
- Regular dates: These dates are smaller, more firm, and have a lighter texture. They will also likely taste a more like dried fruit.
- Medjool dates: These dates are larger, softer, and have a rich caramel-like flavour. They’re chewy and rich and sweeter than regular dates.
Since Medjool dates are so big and soft, they are perfect for stuffing.
You can also use regular dates if that is what you have on hand, but they’ll be a bit more difficult to stuff with your almond butter, and of course may not be quite as tasty
TIPS & VARIATIONS:
- Make a batch of these dates for meal prep and store them in an air-tight container for a quick and easy snack.
- Use Medjool dates if you can, they are larger and will be easier to stuff
- You can swap out the almond butter for your favourite type of nut butter.
- Try topping these dates with more chopped nuts, shredded coconut, or a pinch of cinnamon.
Nora's Almond Butter Stuffed Dates
- 8 Medjool Dates
- 4-6 Tbsp Almond Butter* depending how much you can fit in the date
- 2 Tbsp Dark Chocolate cut into chunks
- Flaked Sea Salt to top
- Use a knife and make a cut down one side of your date lengthwise. Then use your fingers to gently pull out the pit.
- Take a spoon of almond butter and add it to the center of the date, where you just removed the pit.
- Melt Dark Chocolate and drizzle over the Dates.
- Top with Sea Salt and freeze for 15 min
- Store in a sealed container in refridgerator