PALEO GINGERBREAD COOKIES
The Best Paleo Gingerbread Cookies recipe that happens to be gluten-free, refined sugar-free, grain-free and dairy-free. Made with almond flour and sweetened with coconut sugar, these warm spiced healthy gingerbread cookies are the perfect treat to serve during the holidays.
If you are new to baking with almond flour, this paleo ginger molasses cookies recipe is a good one to start as it is just so easy. Everything comes together in a food processor with just a few ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry. I am talking about almond flour, coconut sugar, molasses, and warm winter spices to fill your home with the classic Christmas gingerbread smells.
These paleo ginger snaps are light, soft and chewy. Not to mention, they are perfect when served with a glass of milk
This gingerbread recipe uses only 10 ingredients
- Almond Flour: This brand (affiliate link) is our favorite.
- Spices: We used ground cinnamon, ground ginger, and allspice in the recipe below, but you can also add in a pinch of ground cloves and nutmeg.
- Blackstrap Molasses: We used this unsulphured blackstrap molasses (affiliate link).
- Coconut Sugar: We love using coconut sugar in baking as it tastes very similar to brown sugar, but it has a low glycemic index that doesn’t spike up your blood sugar. However, if you do not have coconut sugar you can substitute it with brown sugar.
- A Large Egg: You only need one large egg to get a great texture.
- Coconut Oil: Most ginger snap cookies use a stick of butter, but here we are swapping it with just two tablespoons of melted and cooled coconut oil.
- Baking Soda: Only ½ teaspoon of baking soda for the perfect chewy and coarse texture.
- Vanilla Extract: Only a tablespoon of vanilla extract to bring together and enhance all the flavors in the recipe.
Paleo Gingerbread Cookies
- 2 cups Almond Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil melted & cooled
- 3 tbsp molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Place almond flour, baking soda, coconut sugar, ground cinnamon, ground ginger, allspice and salt in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse 3-4 times to mix.
- Add in the coconut oil, molasses, egg, and vanilla and process until a dough forms. This takes about 15-20 seconds.
- Transfer the dough into a bowl, wrap with plastic, and let it rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove the dough from the fridge. Using a spoon (or a small ice cream scoop) measure 1 ½ tablespoons of dough per cookie and arrange them 2 inches apart from each other on the baking sheet.
- Gently press on each cookie to slightly flatten.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes. Allow it to cool on the sheet pan for 5 minutes and serve.