PEACH, QUINOA & MOZZARELLA SALAD
Make this tabbouleh-inspired quinoa, arugula, mozzarella and grilled peach salad as something different for lunch. It’s full of textures and fresh flavors. Perfect lunch in the summer months.
If you’ve never tried peaches in a salad, you need to try this wonderful recipe which combines mozzarella, vegetables, greens and gluten-free grains.
A twist on the classic Italian salad with the addition of quinoa and fresh, juicy peaches.
Peach, Quinoa & Mozzarella Salad
- 8 oz Quinoa
- 4 oz Arugula
- 4 Peaches 2 quartered, and 2 finely sliced
- 1-2 Lemons juiced
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil extra virgin
- 1 pint Cherry Tomatoes sliced
- 4 tbsp Capers drained
- 1/2 Purple Onion thinly sliced
- 4 oz Mozarella
- 2 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- Cook Quinoa as label directions instruct.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Put the sliced peaches in a bowl, drizzle over the lemon juice and set aside. Put the quartered peaches on a baking tray. Toss with 1 tbsp olive oil. Roast for 10-15 mins until soft.
- Combine the quinoa mix, arugula, sliced peaches and any juice from the bowl, the capers, tomatoes, onions, vinegar and remaining oil.
- Season. Put on a large serving plate, and top with the roasted peaches, mozzarella, sesame seeds and extra arugula.
- Top with any additional toppings you like on your salad, we add some avocado anytime we can!