SMASHED SWEET POTATO FAJITAS
Easy fajita smashed potatoes. This easy whole30 and paleo sheet pan dinner is delicious and served with creamy avocado-lime dip. Smashed baked sweet potatoes with fajita-seasoned bell peppers.
This meal has us going back for seconds.
So freakin’ delish!
We’ve been loving all these sweet potato recipes lately because who are we kidding, we just love sweet potatoes!
The versatility of this recipe makes it perfect for meal prep.
I love piling on all my favorites: avocado-lime dip, fajita bell peppers, and extra cilantro and lime.
Our favorite way to serve these smashed potatoes is by making a bed of greens, then piling on all the toppings.
Smashed Sweet Potato Fajitas
- 6 small/ medium Sweet Potatoes
- 1 large Red Bell Pepper
- 1 large Yellow Bell Pepper
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Chipotle Seasoning
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Cilantro to taste
For Avocado Lime Dressing
- 1 large Avocados pitted, peeled
- 1/2 cup Coconut Milk
- 1 Lime juiced
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Poke each sweet potato with a fork or knife then set on a baking tray.
- Bake sweet potatoes on 425F for about 40-50 minutes until soft when poked with a fork. Then take the tray out and slice them down the middle and smash the potatoes out, then put back in the oven to bake for another 20 minutes.
- Slice bell peppers into strips, then saute in a skillet oven medium heat with a drizzle of olive oil, cumin, chipotle powder, and salt. Cook for about 5-8 minutes until soft.
- Prepare avocado lime dip and assemble the sweet potatoes with bell peppers, avocado dip, cilantro, and lime juice.
- You can add a protein of choice, if wanted or go vegan.