SMOKED SALMON DEVILED EGGS
Smoked salmon deviled eggs take a classic appetizer (deviled eggs) to a stunning new level. Filled with fresh herbs, salty smoked salmon and briny capers, each bite is loaded with palate-pleasing flavor.
WHAT’S IN THESE SMOKED SALMON DEVILED EGGS?
These little bites look impressive, but only require a few simple ingredients. Who doesn’t love that?
- Eggs: Half a dozen large eggs will do the trick.
- Mayonnaise & Dijon Mustard: The essentials needed to make that deliciously creamy filling.
- Shallot: The slight garlicky flavor of shallot adds a savory touch.
- Lemon Juice: Instead of vinegar or pickle juice, I’m using lemon juice for a bright, natural acidity.
- Dill: Fresh dill and salmon are the perfect combo!
- Smoked Salmon: Just grab a package of your favorite smoked salmon to keep this recipe easy peasy. I’m using wild Alaskan smoked salmon.
- Capers: A sprinkle of briny capers add to that layered flavor, and also beautifully dot the top of each egg!
Smoked Salmon Deviled Eggs
- 6 Eggs large
- 3 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Shallots finely chopped
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Dill finely chopped
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 oz Smoked Salmon
- 1 tbsp Capers
- extra dill for garnish
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, then reduce the heat to low to ensure the water is no longer boiling. Use a skimmer to place the eggs in the water. Then increase the heat back to high and set a timer for 14 minutes.
- While the eggs are boiling, prepare an ice water bath and set aside. After 14 minutes, remove the eggs from the water and place in the ice water bath to chill. Once the eggs have cooled completely, peel them and slice in half lengthwise.
- Scoop the yolks into a small bowl and place the egg whites on a serving plate.
- To make the filling, add the yolks, mayonnaise, dijon mustard, lemon juice, shallot, dill, salt and pepper to a bowl. Stir everything together until it's completely smooth.
- Use a spoon to add a portion of the deviled egg mixture back into the hole of each egg white. Then place a small piece of smoked salmon to top on each egg, along with a sprinkle of capers and fresh dill.