SPICED CHAI GRANOLA
This chai spiced granola is sweet and salty, packed with a variety of nuts and seeds, and coated in warming, aromatic spices!
It’s hard to go back to store-bought granola after making it at home. Not only is it super easy to make, but you can control the ingredients and switch up the flavors. Plus, there are no funky additives!
- Nuts: I’m using a blend of almonds, pecans, and cashews. But feel free to use other nuts of your choice.
- Seeds: Sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds are great for giving this granola a boost in vitamins and nutrients!
- Spices: you’ll need a mix of cinnamon, ground ginger, cardamom, and allspice.
- Sweetener & Flavors: Blackstrap molasses, honey, and vanilla extract act as the binding ingredient for all the nuts and seeds. But they also give this granola a sweet touch!
Find the printable recipe with measurements below
Spiced Chai Granola
- Food Processor
- 2 cups almonds
- 3/4 cup pecans
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger 1
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 2 tbsp organic blackstrap molasses
- 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 275°F (135°C). Place your nuts and seeds into a food processor, and pulse until they've been chopped to a medium texture. Alternatively, you can roughly chop them with a knife.
- Place the nuts and seeds into a large mixing bowl. Add the spices, molasses, honey, and vanilla extract. Stir together thoroughly.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Divide the granola mix evenly between the two pans in a single, flat layer.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then remove the sheet pans from the oven and stir the granola. Rotate your pans when you place them back in the oven. Cook for an additional 10 to 15 minutes, being careful not to burn the granola. Note: It can quickly go from golden to burned within a minute, so keep an eye on it. It won't look any different when it's done baking and will still be soft – that's fine. It will harden once it cools.
- Remove the granola from the oven and let it cool for 30 minutes. Place it in a sealed container and store it for future use.