STEAK & SWEET POTATO SKILLET
This one-pan meal of steak bites and sweet potatoes is nourishing, filling, and delicious! It’s paleo, whole30, Gluten-Free & Dairy-Free.
It doesn’t get more classic meat & potatoes than this simple one-pan meal!
We love having simple, go-to meals in the repertoire to just throw together that is something flavorful but fuss-free, and this meal is perfect for that.
Steak & potatoes are always a perfect pair and this one-pan steak bite with sweet potatoes is perfect if you’re paleo, whole30, or just looking for a simple healthy meal at home.
Serve it with a side salad or roasted vegetable for a well-rounded meal and enjoy!
TIPS & TRICKS FOR MAKING ONE-PAN STEAK & SWEET POTATOES
Use a well-seasoned cast-iron pan
There’s nothing worse than having food stick to the pan! I love using cast iron or enamel cast iron for meals like this.
Let the steak come to room temperature
You never want to put a cold steak in a pan! Let it sit on the counter for a bit so it’s not ice cold.
Use a sweet potato of your choice
We used regular orange sweet potato for this recipe, but feel free to use your favorite variety.
Steak & Sweet Potato Skillet
- 1 1/2 lb Sirloin Steak
- 1 tsp Sea Salt divided
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper divided
- 1 tbsp Coconut Aminos
- 2 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 4 Garlic Cloves minced
- 2 tsp Onion Powder
- 2 Medium Sweet Potatoes
- 3 tbsp Ghee option to use avocado oil
- 2 tbsp Parsley chopped
- Cut the steak into bite-sized pieces, removing and gristle and lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Prepare the marinade by mixing 2 tbsp of avocado oil, coconut aminos, onion powder and minced garlic. Allow marinating on the counter for 15-20 minutes while you prep the sweet potato.
- Scrub the sweet potatoes well and slice into small 1″ cubes.
- Heat about 2 tbsp of ghee (or avocado oil) in a pan. Once the pan is hot, add the sweet potatoes. Lightly season and stir for 10-12 minutes or until the sweet potatoes and cooked to liking and lightly crisp. Set aside and lightly clean out the pan.
- Using the same skillet, heat 1 tbsp of ghee (or avocado oil) over medium heat. Once the pan is hot, add the steak and cook for 3-5 minutes or until the outside has browned. The internal temperature should be 145 F for medium-rare or 160 F for medium.
- Reduce the heat and move the steak to one side of the pan. Add the sweet potato to the other side and lightly reheat for less than a minute.
- Top the skillet with parsley and serve fresh.