STUFFED PEPPER SOUP
This vegan stuffed pepper soup has all the flavor you love in stuffed peppers loaded into a hearty & warming bowl of soup!
Vegan stuffed pepper soup. Aka the dinner you never knew you needed on your weekly rotation until now.
This is one of those dump in a pot and carry on with your evening type of recipes. Which we’ve been a huge fan of lately! With the holidays coming up and busy schedules- this is a great recipe to keep on hand so that you are eating healthy meals and not convenient processed foods.
Stuffed Pepper Soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 red peppers chopped; with seeds & stems removed
- 3/4 cup short-grain brown rice
- 1 can lentils
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 liter vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- salt & pepper to taste
- parsely to top
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot on medium-high heat
- Add the onion and let cook for 3-4 minutes, then add the garlic and red pepper and cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir to combine.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and let simmer for 30-40 minutes until the rice is tender and cooked.
- Serve with parsley