TROPICAL TURMERIC SMOOTHIE
Bright sunshine tropical turmeric smoothie made with mango, pineapple, banana, freshly grated turmeric and creamy coconut milk. This gorgeous, refreshing turmeric smoothie is filled with vitamins and will have you shining from the inside out! A wonderful breakfast or snack any day of the week.
This tropical turmeric smoothie is truly sunshine in a glass. It’s packed with nourishing ingredients you’ll feel good about like 3 types of fruit, creamy coconut milk, and of course, antioxidant-rich turmeric. The flavor makes you feel like you are on vacation when you drink it.
I’ve included tons of easy add-ins to really make this smoothie your own and to boost the nutrition even more! Stock up on some tropical fruit and enjoy this beautiful smoothie all summer long.
FALL IN LOVE WITH TURMERIC:
Yes, we’re adding beautiful turmeric to this smoothie and yes, you’re going to love it! Turmeric has tons of anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects, which can help with everything from joint pain to potential heart health. This turmeric smoothie is the perfect way to add this golden superfood to your diet.
OUR FAVORITE NUTRITIONAL BOOSTERS:
This turmeric smoothie is easy to customize with even more boosts of nutrition! Try adding any of the following, and remember to blend in a little more coconut milk along with any of these additions.
- Flaxseed meal: this is one of our favorite ingredients to add to smoothies for a boost of fiber and minerals, and is especially great for nursing mamas as flaxseed can help increase milk supply. Usually, a tablespoon is plenty! Here’s a brand we love.
- Chia seeds: try adding in a tablespoon of chia seeds for a boost of healthy fats and fiber.
- Hemp seeds: feel free to throw in some hemp seeds for another boost of healthy fats, omegas and minerals.
- Avocado: add healthy fats and extra creaminess by adding ripe avocado. Usually 1/4 or 1/2 of an avocado will be sufficient and also help to keep you satisfied thanks to those healthy fats.
- Protein: Easily add more protein to this turmeric smoothie by adding 1 scoop of your favorite protein powder (vanilla would be delicious!) I recommend Vital Protein collagen peptides or Four Sigmatic Plant-Based Protein Powder.
Tropical Turmeric Smoothie
- 1 Frozen Ripe Banana
- 3/4 cup Frozen Diced Mango
- 1 1/4 cup Light Coconut Milk plus more to thin as necessary
- 1 tbsp Fresh Grated Tumeric or 1/2 tsp ground tumeric
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
- 1 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1-2 tsp Fresh Grated Ginger
- 1 cup Spinach