TURMERIC SAUTEED GREENS SALAD
Heard how good turmeric is for you, but not sure how to add it to your cooking? This Turmeric Sautéed Greens recipe is soon going to be your jam!
When discussing what foods to add to some of our Basic Eats recipes, one of the ingredients we all started adding and thinking about was fresh turmeric. It has a strong flavor, but one that’s so incredibly tasty even kids love it. Not only is it delicious in smoothies (especially when you balance it with something sweet like a date or banana), but when you add it to any of your favorite sautéed greens it’s off the charts!
TURMERIC IS A NATURAL ANTI-INFLAMMATORY:
Inflammation is incredibly important. It helps fight foreign invaders and has a role in repairing damage in your body.
Although acute, short-term inflammation is beneficial, it can be a concern if it becomes chronic and attacks your body’s own tissues.
Scientists now believe that chronic low-level inflammation can play a role in some health conditions and diseases.
So if you haven’t started adding turmeric into your diet, now is the time!
Turmeric Sauteed Greens
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 2inch piece of Fresh Turmeric
- 2 bunches Kale, Spinach, or Swish Chard thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
- 2 tbsp Water
- Heat oil in a large sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and turmeric and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add kale and salt and saute for 1 minute.
- Add water to the pan and cook stirring until the greens are just wilted and serve.