VEGAN QUINOA MEXICAN BOWL
Mexican Quinoa Bowl
These Simple Mexican Quinoa Bowls are a great weeknight dinner or meal prepped lunch. Served with a Chipotle Cilantro Vinaigrette!
Chipotle Cilantro Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 clove garlic peeled
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo from a can
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1-2 limes juiced
- 1 tbsp agave or maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt to taste
Tomato Corn Salsa
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup frozen corn thawed
- 1/4 red onion diced
- 2 tbs vegan mayo
- 1/2 lime juiced
- pepper to taste
- 2 cup cooked quino
- 1 15-oz can black beans drained
- 2 avocados sliced
- cilantro to taste
- lime wedge serving
- Add all of the vinaigrette ingredients to a blender or food processor. Pulse until combined, taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the tomato corn salsa ingredients to a bowl with 2 tablespoon of the vinaigrette. Place in the fridge to marinate.
- Prepare the quinoa according to the package instructions. Transfer to a bowl and add the remaining vinaigrette. Toss to combine and place in the fridge to marinate.
- Combine the vegan crema ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine.
- To assemble, layer equal amounts of quinoa, black beans, tomato corn salsa and avocado in 4 bowls. Serve with cilantro, crema and lime wedges.
These are best served cold, so I would allow the quinoa and salsa to marinate for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Per serving: Calories: 517; Carbohydrates: 49g; Protein: 8g; Total Fat: 35g; Saturated Fat: 5g; Sodium: 401mg; Fiber: 12g; Sugar: 7g; Potassium: 12g; Iron: 3mg